Fall Semester Contract
Session 1: August 21st- December 15th, 2017
Studio Address: The Rosenbalm Academy of Music, 3601 S. Broadway, Edmond, OK 73013
Contact: (405) 436-3169 or email@example.com
One of the benefits of studying music is the discipline it instills. Therefore, the Sarah Locke Music Studio functions in a way that develops work ethic, expects success, and creates a deep love for the art. In order to offer a professional atmosphere and quality education to the students in the studio, below are the policies upon which the studio operates. Please read this carefully.
- Tuition and Fees: Tuition is $480 for the semester. This guarantees sixteen 30-minute lessons during the fall semester. Payment can be made in one full payment, or 4 payments of $120. There will also be a $15 recital fee for our fall recital due by the beginning of December. This can be added to the final installment of $120 ($135).
- Payments: Each tuition installment must be paid in full by the first lesson in September, October, November and December. There are multiple options to pay. If you forget your checkbook the day of the lesson, an invoice can be sent via PayPal with an added $3.95 service charge, or payment can be made with a card using square with an added 2.75% processing fee.
- Cancellations: Please let me know at the first lesson of each semester or as soon as possible if there is a scheduled trip or absence. If you wish to reschedule that missed lesson, it is subject to availability. Lessons cancelled less than 24 hours before the lesson will not be made up.*
- *In the case of illness, it is understood that an advanced notice is not always possible. Please contact me as soon as you know. Student should be fever-free or on antibiotics for 24 hours before attending their next lesson. Missed lessons due to illness will be made up in the form of a double lesson or additional lesson and are subject to teacher availability. The missed lesson, however, will not be credited to the next tuition installment.
- If I must cancel a lesson, it will be rescheduled.
- Calendar and Make-up days: Lessons will be held weekly between August 21st- December 15th (this allows for an absence the week of Thanksgiving; November 20- 25th). Two possible make-up days will occur during the semester (December 1st and 8th). If a student must miss a lesson and has given prior notice, the student can schedule a make-up lesson for a make-up day. The semester recital will likely fall the second week in December based on performance lab availability.
Please subscribe to studio reminders by sending the text @lockemusic to 81010.
This contract is valid for this session (August 21st-December 15th) and the parent’s/student’s intent to continue will be confirmed before each new session begins. It is expected that the student will complete the session in which they are currently involved. Should the unexpected arise and the student is unable to complete their current session, payment is still required for the remaining months left on the session. For example, if you discontinue lessons in October, you will still be responsible for the remaining tuition installments due in November and December.
Policies and Procedures
- Students are expected to be punctual for their lesson. Each lesson will begin and end promptly at the agreed-upon time slot. If the student is tardy, they may take what is left of the lesson but an extended lesson will not be offered, as in most cases another student has a lesson afterward. Those dropping off their student and leaving are expected to retrieve their student at the immediate end of the lesson. Please plan accordingly.
- Recitals will be held at the end of the Fall and Spring sessions. All students are expected to participate, as this offers unique instructional elements and creates a sense of unity and camaraderie throughout the studio. There will be a couple of recital times to choose from (to avoid student absence and overcrowding the audience).
- Students are responsible for purchasing their own lesson books. Most books can be purchased at Edmond Music or online.
- Students are expected to come to each lesson prepared- this means bringing all lesson books or sheet music assigned. This also means your student has spent ideally 5 days a week for a minimum of half an hour practicing.
- Instrumental students: STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN INSTRUMENT AVAILABLE FOR THEM TO PRACTICE FOR THEIR WEEKLY LESSONS. In cases where only a small keyboard is available at home, piano instruction can be offered only for Lesson book level 1. After this time, concepts being introduced require a piano or a keyboard with the following elements: weighted keys with sensitive dynamic response, a pedal, and a full 88-key keyboard.
- You and your student will sign this contract at the first lesson.